Re: Ruined negatives

From: Catherine Costolo (mikesmom@mindspring.com)
Date: 01/31/03-06:35:02 PM Z

>Sandy King wrote:
>
>Is there any possibility that you may have reversed the expected
>orientation of the negatives in the BTZS tubes, i.e. put them in the
>tubes with the emulsion facing the wall of the tubes? This could
>explain the large area down the center that did not develop since
>that part of the negative would have been in contact with the wall
>of the tube, and therefore denied contact with the developing
>solution. I did this once and the result was very similar to what
>you describe.
>

>Sandy King

Sandy, thank you so much for your quick reply. I am glad you cannot
see my red face! I believe you are exactly right. I seem to remember
that the notch was at the upper left instead of the upper right. I
have really been on a roll this month with dumb mistakes! I am glad
that tomorrow is Feb. 1!
        Catherine Costolo

--
Catherine Costolo