Re: CPC/Delta 1 Bright Lab Jr Safelight

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 07/03/03-11:38:01 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Healy" <mjhealy@kcnet.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 5:30 PM
Subject: CPC/Delta 1 Bright Lab Jr Safelight

> I need to use - want to, I guess it's a luxury - want to
use a red
> safelight so I can cut down 18x23 sheets of Kodak CPG
film. Kodak's fact
> sheet recommends a #1A filter. However, I'm not having any
success in
> scrounging up this beast here in Phoenix. Plus even
Calumet actually is sold
> out. All I've been able to find is the Delta 1/CPM Bright
Lab Jr. red
> safelight.
>
> Does anyone know what this is supposed to be equivalent
to? Will it
> substitute as a Light Red 1A?
>
> Mike Healy

  The transmission curves in the Kodak filter book show that
a No.1 or No.2 would work as well. Both will be dimmer than
the 1A, so actually safer. You now have three times the
stuff to look for. Used filters are common and cheap.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com