Warped paper woes

From: Andrew Epstein (aiepstein@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/13/03-08:17:05 PM Z

Dear list:

I am experiencing a problem with keeping my paper flat in the contact
frame. The paper is fairly warped after two coats of VDB sensitizer. I'm
using Cranes Cover 90lb., and a 16 X 20 contact frame from Photographer's
Formulary. This wasn't a problem when I was printing new cyanotypes, which
required only a single coat.

Even after putting an extra layer inside the contact frame, I still get
blurry spots. I try to apply as little sensitizer as I can muster (I use a
hake brush) in hopes this will reduce paper warping, but with little
result. I've adjusted my dehumidifier in both directions also without any
change.

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew Epstein
Iowa City