Re: GUM TESTING

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 07/15/03-03:24:48 PM Z

Thanks Clay! I was frantic. Now I have to find a 200g weight. It is an
Acculab.

Now, I'll be darned--Katharine's tracking down the issue of trivalent gum
stain is proven right by me, too. I left two prints out longer than before,
and both stains cleared in both the pot di and am di prints, not only in the
borders but also perceptibly cleared in the image itself, revealed by a
cooler color balance (and a line of demarcation through the image where the
black bag covered up the other half of the image).

SO, yes, the sun does bleach out the trivalent chromium; yes it does bleach
out both dichromates equally--and am di is vindicated again!! YEA!!!
Thanks Katharine!

There is still a remaining very pale, pale blue indication where the stain
was in the way overexposed borders, not enough to bug me, and present on
both dichchromates.

Save yourself time and energy, Bill and stick with pot metabi. OH, but do
test the MT sun...

I'm offline for the week for APIS (Don Bryant says there is a computer in
the lobby of the hotel we are staying at--maybe i'll just have to drink my
morning coffee in the lobby, pajamas on, next to that computer...)
Chris