Re: GUM TESTING

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 07/15/03-06:14:22 AM Z

> Meanwhile, I am really bummed. I had my digital scale in a
> padded box,
> which dropped from a height of 5 feet. Now when I try to weigh
> something it
> goes immediately to HI so something is jammed.

May be able to help you here, Christina. I had the same thing happen to
my 200g electronic scale, and after reading the instruction booklet
(very difficult to do since I am a typical male) I found that if the
scale immediately goes to 'HI" (I initially thought it was being
friendly), it needs to be re-calibrated, IF you happen to have an
acculab GSi200, then what you need to do is chase down a calibrated
200g weight. Then turn on the scale and hold BOTH buttons down for
7-10 seconds until 200g shows in the display. Then place the
calibration weight on the pan and wait until the scale finishes
thinking about things and the arrow appears next to the "g". Now you're
golden. Of course if you don't have the acculab scale, you're going to
have to chase down your own instructions. But it probably just needs to
be re-calibrated.

Good luck

Clay