Re: GUM TESTING/CLEARING

From: The Painted Horse (paintedhorse@in-tch.com)
Date: 07/17/03-01:25:58 PM Z

Keith,
I can now see how my post may have confused you; sorry about that. You
are correct in the steps you outline and that it is probably closer to
bromoil than traditional gum printing. However, in the literature I
have, the step about whetting the paper before applying the oil paint is
not indicated; so that one is new to me.

Keith Gerling wrote:
Are they actually still yellow/orange even after you have applied
the oil paint?

Yes, the gum image is still yellowish when I apply the oil paint. And
this is one of the reasons I am having a hard time getting clean
highlights. The literature I have states to clear (as an option) after
all paint has been applied. The fact that people on this list say they
never clear a gum image, or don't need to, tells me I am still doing
something wrong.

Bill-