Re: Dust and Static Control

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 07/19/03-11:25:33 AM Z

Hi Phillip,

About the clean room, yes, that would help. I normally keep a
DuraCraft air cleaner with a Hepa filter that is rated to remove
about 99.99% of air-borne particles in both the exposure room and in
the room where I dry coated tissue. However, due to recent travels
the filters were turned off for a few weeks and I became really aware
of the seriousness of the problem in looking at the glass frame of
the easel with the exposing lights turned on. And of course, there is
a fan in the exposing unit so when the light go on the fan does also,
and you can see all the trash being blown around.

Regarding the danger of the UV radiation, the BLB tubes with the
funny purple/blue color do not really put out any more UV radiation
than the more commonly used BL tubes that appear much whiter to the
eye. In fact, the only difference between the two is that there is
cut-off filter in the BLB tubes that eliminates virtually all light
above about 420 nanometers.

Sandy