Re: chemigrams at APIS 2003

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 07/24/03-09:56:15 AM Z

Sam said in his message...

>Who was the presenter and does anyone have a contact?
>It sounds like a great process and I would like to know more. Is it safe
>to teach to kids?
>sorry for all the questions
>All help Welcome.

Polli Mariner of New Zealand was the presenter and she did a great job,
starting out simple and moving on to the more involved work. Jill and I
liked her chemigrams so much we worked a trade with her! Polli's email is
polliarts@yahoo.co.nz

For anyone interested, you can view or download a handout from 1994 when
I taught Chromoskedasic Printing (a highfalutin name for the Chemigram)
at UTSA. This paper covers a method that uses Kodak Dektol, Activator and
Stabilizer. Note that neither my students nor I made prints as nice as
Polli's!

I first learned of the procedure from Neil Chapman in California. Most of
the info in my paper is owing to his research and talents.

You can see the paper at the following direct URL:

http://www.danburkholder.com/pages/main_pages/chemigram_page.html

Have fun!

Dan