RE: chemigrams at APIS 2003

From: Jonathan Bailey (jon@jonathan-bailey.com)
Date: 07/24/03-05:05:32 PM Z

Dan,

> Polli Mariner of New Zealand was the presenter and she did a great job,
> starting out simple and moving on to the more involved work. Jill and I
> liked her chemigrams so much we worked a trade with her! Polli's email is
> polliarts@yahoo.co.nz
>
> For anyone interested, you can view or download a handout from 1994 when
> I taught Chromoskedasic Printing (a highfalutin name for the Chemigram)
> at UTSA. This paper covers a method that uses Kodak Dektol, Activator and
> Stabilizer. Note that neither my students nor I made prints as nice as
> Polli's!

Did you ever work with (or know) L. Murry Jamison?? She once lived in
Hallowell, Maine but is now in Santa Barbara, CA. I've seen exhibited
numerous of her "Chromoskedasic Printing" prints and liked them very much.
She was giving workshops in the process - in The Islands, I believe....
(nice work if you can get it!!)

Best - JB
www.jonathan-bailey.com
Tenants Harbor, Maine