Re: two ireland queries

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/25/03-08:08:58 AM Z

OOOOhwee! Just in time.

There is a Historical Group of the RPS shindig at Birr Castle in the county
of Offaly on the 20th and 21st of September. Just when you are going to be
there.

This will be a smallish group of about 50 people.

The theme is 19th Century Women Photographers.

The Castle was the home of the Countess of Rosse. It seems that in this 800
room castle when the Countess died they just locked the door to her wet
plate darkroom. It has been recently discovered. Apparently it is pretty
much as she left it with her notes still on the table. It is believed to
have been used briefly in the 1890's.

The program includes Virginia Dodier on Lady Hawarden, Colin Ford on
Cameron, and Richard Morris on Theresea Llewellyn. (Morris is a descendent)
Also Carolyn Bloore on Lady Augusta Mostyn and Lady Caroline Neville who
was a founder of the RPS.

Melody and I will be there. There is a lot more including a costume dinner.

Contact Edwin Davison at edwin@iol.ie. Edwin should be back home from APIS
soon if not already.

Terry King, Chairman of the RPS Historical Group can also be reached at
terryaking@aol.com who will be home from APIS in a week or so. He may be
checking his mail on the road.

--Dick Sullivan