RE: Gum Pigments & Life Jackets

From: Keith Gerling (keith@gumphoto.com)
Date: 07/26/03-12:00:37 PM Z

Mark meanders around, and then asks:

Let's see...I gotta say something about gum so this isn't considered off
topic....uhm..... let's see... no that would tick off so and so... uhm....nope,
can't say that... uhm... ahhh. ok...I'll ask a question.... Is anyone having any
luck with multiple layers of gum being laid on ...like say 3-5 coats and then
developing them all at once to get "quasi one shot" gum prints? Or, does it
all go sliding down the drain if you do this? Would Miracle Muck help?

Keith responds:

I do multicoats, and Chris provides details in her post. As for sliding off: keep in mind that the coats are exposed between applications, and thus are hardened. In my experience, there is more chances that the gum will have to be SCRUBBED off then there is that it will slide off on its own.