Re: Gum Pigments & Life Jackets

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 07/26/03-12:18:52 AM Z

Chris... how bout just wearing a life jacket \.... far less drastic than a
boob job and more likely to save your life.... and besides...they WERE called
Mae Wests.... who is credited with one of my favorite quotes when asked what the
difference between art and pornography was, she replied "Lighting"

And, Speaking of Jane Fonda, Lorran & Charlotte Mears invited me to go to the
Santa Fe Flea Market,,, I chose flee the crowd and to get a massage
instead... and damned if they didn't say Jane Fonda showed up there. I think she was
looking at a second hand tank someone had for sale. Dick or other Santa Fe
dwellers may be able to comment on the Santa Fe Flea Market...my understanding
is that it is quite the place to go—maybe next Santa Fe APIS.

I'm almost home from Santa Fe and stopped over to visit friends in Golden
Eagle, IL. Went to the St Louis Botanical Gardens where they had some beautiful
water lilies to photograph. There was a great show of black and white prints
that were x-rays of various flowers...very nicely done.

Let's see...I gotta say something about gum so this isn't considered off
topic....uhm..... let's see... no that would tick off so and so... uhm....nope,
can't say that... uhm... ahhh. ok...I'll ask a question.... Is anyone having any
luck with multiple layers of gum being laid on ...like say 3-5 coats and then
developing them all at once to get "quasi one shot" gum prints? Or, does it
all go sliding down the drain if you do this? Would Miracle Muck help?

Also, another dumb question...if I may be so bold.... can Gum be used with
coarse (as in size of particals) pigments? Or do they sorta drop out of
suspension if they as big as marbles?

And my final question to qualify this post as on topic: Drum Roll.....

Chris...in your hysterical research of the gummy process....did any of
deceased gummists add gelatin to their mix?

Mark Nelson