Re: Sodium Chloropalladite

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net)
Date: 07/26/03-06:50:12 PM Z

Philippe Ayral wrote:
> I am making 100 ml sol. of Sodium Chloropalladite but it seems
> Palladium Chloride doesn't want to go into solution.
> I use demineralized water. I put the bottle on a mug warmer
> and shake it.

You don't mention what solution strength. Stronger solutions might need
to be at a higher temperature. Typical solutions should go into
solution easily with the procedure you mention. Although it is better
to place the bottle into a mug of warm water on the mug warmer to avoid
hot spots. The final solution should be clear, not cloudy. I routinely
mix PdCl2 with NaCl, KCl and LiCl with no difficulty at all; see my
e-guide from link below for more information. You may consider that
your PdCl2 is contaminated or not what you think.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/