Re: APIS information for 2004?

From: Paula Marriner (dawntreaderbus@yahoo.com)
Date: 07/29/03-04:02:17 PM Z

Maybe if enough people want to come to NZ I can organise a SIPA,
( Symposium of International Photographic Artsists ? ) seeing as we are upside down on the other side of the world.
: )
Polli

Richard Sullivan <richsul@earthlink.net> wrote:
Judy,

APIS is an informal coordinated effort between Europe and the US. The EU
APIS in 2002 was fairly small compared to the US but we are working to
change that. APIS alternates between the EU and the US.

There are plans afoot to have an APIS in Cologne during Photokina in
Novemeber of 2004 and this is being looked into by Edwin Davison of Dublin
Ireland. There is no information as of yet. I don't have Edwin's email here
but you can make contact through:

http://www.davisonphoto.com/

APIS 2005 will be in Santa Fe during PhotArts Santa Fe and speakers are
already being lined up.

Moves are afoot to formalize the APIS structure.

--Dick

At 10:25 AM 7/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello! Is there an official web site for APIS, or unofficial site that
>has (or will have) information and planning for the 2004 symposium? I did
>a web search (always an interesting way for the curious to find new
>things...) and found only info about apiculture (still haven't figured out
>quite what that is) in Florida, a very interesting NPS (National Park
>Service) lakeshore site in Wisconsin that boasts of a large collection of
>lighthouses, and sites for software applications programming! Not what I
>was looking for, though I did bookmark the NPS site!
>
>Thanks and Regards
>
>Judy Taylor
>
>J. Rowe Taylor
>jrtaylorphoto@aol.com