Re: help improve white areas on polaroid transfers

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 07/30/03-01:35:46 PM Z

Hi Andrej,
     If using a daylab to print your images, don't use yellow and magenta to
color balance. You may try to dial in cyan to lean the color balance
towards cool, unless the image is already cyan. You can also do a final
clear in a bath of 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water, preferably when the
image has dried first so you don't get bubbling or bleeding of colors--this
will brighten the colors up for you. Then rinse for 5 minutes after.
However, all that said, the process does print warmer whites and lower
saturation than the original. OH, the time that you separate the developing
pod, too, will have a great effect on color balance. If your image is too
warm you may have separated too soon or too late--shoot for 15-30 seconds,
separate, and this in a normal temperature room (70 degrees).
Chris