Re: traveling with photo chemicals

From: Christopher Lovenguth (zantzant@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/05/03-03:08:23 PM Z

Actually I have a similar situation about to happen this summer (and I知 traveling from the west coast to the east coast). I知 still not sure if I知 driving but I知 also worried if I have to ship as well. I知 dealing with iodine crystals, hypo and gold chloride. All these can be shipped to me from a retailer, but I知 worried about just sending them through UPS or something to myself. I know I値l have to send it ground but I wonder about the iodine since the government keeps a paper trail on all who buy it. Then there is the gold chloride that I have some in dry form and some in solution. I知 worried about heat with that item. The hypo I think could be shipped by air even so I知 not too worried about that chemical.

Anybody had any experience shipping opened chemicals?

-Chris