Re: Epson 2200 vs 1280 printers

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 06/06/03-12:26:07 PM Z

Four questions on the Canon 9100:

Has anyone played with it for digital negs with Pictorico?

Does anyone make a nice (and affordable) postscript RIP that will run in
Mac OSX (or at least classic) for it?

Will I spend less time/ink de-clogging the heads than I (constantly) do
on my old Epson 1200?

Is it a big improvement over the 9000, they are selling quite cheaply
right now?

Thanks.

On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 07:11 AM, Peter Marshall wrote:

> < BIG SNIP>
> Personally I'd go for the 2200, or think of spending most of the
> difference in price on a continuous inking system and an inkset such as
> the G4 inks, but your needs may be very different to mine. At the
> moment I
> would also look very carefully at the Canon i9100.

Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com