film - digital - POP

From: Andy Buck (buckwiet99@yahoo.com)
Date: 06/07/03-02:17:52 PM Z

I'm an old, long absent lurker with a new question. If this has been covered before, please direct me to the archives, or to the appropriate list.

I would like to digitally enlarge 4x5 and/or 617 negatives to about twice the size for POP printing with gold toning. I've heard via word of mouth that some current printers are capable of making good negatives.

Could anyone with experience in this scenario please comment? I realize this is 1/2 digital, but it's also 1/2 semi-alt...

Thanks!
Andy