RE: film - digital - POP

From: Jonathan Bailey (jon@jonathan-bailey.com)
Date: 06/07/03-08:03:50 PM Z

Hi Andy!

> I'm an old, long absent lurker with a new question. If this has been
covered before, please direct me to the archives, or > to the appropriate
list.

> I would like to digitally enlarge 4x5 and/or 617 negatives to about twice
the size for POP printing with gold toning. I've > heard via word of mouth
that some current printers are capable of making good negatives.

I'm no expert, Andy - outside of theoretical interest, personally. But are
you familiar with Dan Burkholder's book (Making Digital Negatives for
Contact Printing)? It would certainly be the place to start.

It is my understanding that even my budget Epson C80 printer is capable of
delivering pretty decent enlarged negatives....

Nice to see you here, Andy! Welcome!

Jon
www.jonathan-bailey.com
Tenants Harbor, Maine