Re: Epson 2200 vs 1280 printers

From: H. Lee Pratt (squnch@cox.net)
Date: 06/09/03-11:28:56 AM Z

Hello Keith,

In brief, Dan has developed a method of printing a platinum image over
an image laid down first with pigmented ink by an inkjet printer,
specifically, the Epson 2200. In concept, it's quite a simple
process--the devil is in the details, such as deciding the depth and
detail of each image to produce the effect you want; it could vary from
nearly all color to nearly all platinum, depending on your tastes. Dan
calls them "pigment over platinum," but they are actually made as I've
described--he explained this in his workshop. Apparently it is the new
pigmented inks from Epson that make this possible.

I can tell you this much: seeing his images has made my interest in
photography burn brightly again.

Lee