Re: ConeTech Digital Negatives

From: Grace Taylor (gtay22@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/17/03-06:53:42 AM Z

on 6/16/03 10:40 PM, Don Bryant at dsbryant@mindspring.com wrote:

> Grace,
>
>> Also, it's important to include a
>> step tablet that has also had the curve applied so that you can see how
> the
>> tones print.
>
> Thanks for the reminder Grace. A step wedge is certainly a great tool to
> use. Did you use a densitometer or just 'eye ball' the results. How did the
> inclusion of the wedge aid your curve adjustment?
>
> Thanks
>
> Don

Don, with the printed step wedge, I just "eye ball" the results. There
should be a gradual difference in tone from light to dark. The area or
areas where there is no noticeable separation, or not light or dark enough
at the ends, shows where the curve needs tweaking. There may be a more
scientific way to do this, but for me it has been trial and error. I have a
page on www.alternativephotography.com if you want to take a look at the
results. Grace