Re: ConeTech Digital Negatives

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 06/17/03-08:24:44 AM Z

Nick,
     You are absolutely right. Epson cheapy printer--stylus 660, Epson
inks, Windows 98, and on this computer Photoshop 4.0.1! My digital set up
here is very low budget. But when I produce something that works with such
a basic workflow, I know that others can do much better--except it doesn't
answer probably what interests you most--which inks/pigments adhere to which
surfaces. I did find at Office Max 3 different surfaces to try: the Apollo
which worked fine so I'm returning the others which are 3M Multipurpose
Transparency Film, 20 sheets for $20, and 3M Universal Ink Jet Transparency
Film, $20 for 35 sheets. The latter has a 1-800-328-1371 number on it to
find out compatibility of your printer with their substrate. Maybe it is
worth a call to see if the inks you use will work and not scratch.
Chris