Great book on E-Bay -Don't Feel blue..

From: John Cremati (johnjohnc@core.com)
Date: 06/17/03-07:03:16 PM Z

       If one of the list members had bid the book " How to Make Old Time
Photos " on E-bay I believe you will " NOT " be disappointed as the
content of this book is good. The copy that I have is also a first
edition . I do not think I would personally go any higher for a
paper back though .. .
       The book is available on Amazon, or Abes, for $15 to me that
would be a bargain ( if it is in reasonable condition). . . I see there
is also a paper back copy listed for $65.00.
Mike Healy's suggestion of Checking Abes or Amazon should just be standard
proceedure when bidding a book to determine bidding parameters... ..

      In the past on either the Carbon List or the Alt List, a number of
books have been brought to my attention and I am very thankful to the
members who brought them up. It has helped me greatley to know what
is
good, what is out there, what to get and what not to get... I have build
great library based on Alternative photographers suggestions and input.
I hope this practice will continue..
       I remember one Alt book that I could have bought for $35 initally
(Marton's book on Carbon Printing cc.1900 ) and and after bringing it to a
Carbon list discussion I ended paying $115 as all the cheap ones on Abes and
Amazon had sold right away.. . Oh Well..
Regards,
John Cremati