Gum Question -- Just Curious Mostly

From: Sally Makeham (rhemangl@iinet.net.au)
Date: 06/19/03-11:51:22 PM Z

G'Day Y'All!!

Coming out from lurking & learning long enough to ask a semi-
hypothetical question about gum printing...

Has anyone ever used any other type of gum (such as xanthan,
guar,agar-agar, etc) besides Gum Arabic for gum prints??? Has
anyone ever experimented to see what the effects were/are, etc. Is
there something special about gum arabic over the other types?

Unless there was some property of the other types of gums
preventing their use, it would seem to my NON-scientific mind that
as long as the viscosity was the same, then it could open up some
interesting possibilities. ;o)

I really would like to know this. If no one knows, then I MAY start
to experiment a little. (After all -- someone had to be the FIRST to
use digital negs, etc. LOL!)

Thanks in advance.
Sally Makeham
mailto:rhemangl@iinet.net.au