Need help making ferric oxalate

From: Ed Buffaloe (EdBuffaloe@UnblinkingEye.Com)
Date: 06/20/03-04:55:52 AM Z

I'm making ferric oxalate using the third method described in Dick Steven's book (potassium permanganate method). When I get to the point where I have washed the yellow ferrous oxalate and got the pH up to 4.0, he says to dissolve 20.1 g of oxalic acid in distilled water and add it to the ferrous oxalate. BUT, he doesn't say how much water to dissolve the oxalic acid in. I tried 100 ml, and added it to the ferrous oxalate, then began adding the potassium permanganate, but it never cleared--what I've ended up with is some very rusty looking mud. Any advice?