Re: Bite Your Tounge etc. and straight line learning curve

From: Pam Niedermayer (pam@pinehill.com)
Date: 06/27/03-05:35:04 AM Z

Peter Marshall wrote:

>At the moment, if you want reasonable similar to 35mm quality you can get
>it from cameras such as the Canon EOS-10D, Nikon D100, Fuji Finepix S2 Pro
>and Sigma D9. Each has their strong and weak points, and I wouldn't
>recommend one above the others. If you have Nikon lenses, then probably
>you wouldn't chose the Canon. This week saw the announcement of a new
>Olympus E1, which may rewrite the picture slightly, but we are waiting to
>see the results for its imaging quality.

And what's the situation concerning the blue meanies (blue edging on
backlit objects)? I quit the upgrade cycle at the Nikon 950 because of
this, now use it only for fairly simple illustration online, like for
ebay and woodworking.

>For Photoshop, leave the 'Real World' on its shelf until you really need
>it and take a look at Scott Kelby's 'the Photoshop book for digital
>photographers' ISBN 073571236 which tells you exactly what you need to do
>painlessly (except his 'humorous' style sometimes gets up my nose.) p68-9
>goes through how to make the most of the limited upsampling capability of
>PS. The book is worth every penny of what I paid for it on Amazon, even
>perhaps its marked price!

Boy, what an obnoxious author, really blew me away. However, he does do
a very good job of explaining how to do some key stuff, to the point
that half way through it I was asking myself why I needed this book.

Pam