Re: Bite Your Tounge etc. and straight line learning curve

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 06/27/03-12:50:13 PM Z

> >see the results for its imaging quality.
> >
> And what's the situation concerning the blue meanies (blue edging on
> backlit objects)? I quit the upgrade cycle at the Nikon 950 because of
> this, now use it only for fairly simple illustration online, like for
> ebay and woodworking.

Pam,

It did worry me a few times when I first had the camera, very bad in some
pictures. But I think I have it more or less solved by changing the way I
expose. It is one of the reasons you need to shoot raw.

I cut down the exposure to avoid blown highlights, then process the raw
files to put the midtones and shadows back to the right level. I also use
fill-in flash quite a bit. Its a few months since I had a picture where it
was a problem with the D100, though I could probably get it if I tried.

The Capture One software also does a better job than other raw conversion
software and this may also contribute to my lack of problems here.

The E1 should be better in this respect, it is one of the things that it
is designed to minimise.

Scott Kelby is better after I've had a few glasses of wine, one of the
few advantages of my new health regime.

Regards,

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/