Re: Bite Your Tounge etc. and straight line learning curve

From: Stuart Phillips (stuart.phillips@rcn.com)
Date: 06/27/03-07:22:34 AM Z

I thinj Yu is right; learning curves almost always not straight (that's why
they're curves) because it takes a little time to understand the basic
paradigm that the technology works in and then it becomes simple and
simpler. Perhaps a good way to look at it is that we take for granted what
we know about silver processes or others and so moving to a new camera is
easy, even one that offers some very technical features (metering
combinations for example). It's only when you look at this through the eyes
of a complete beginner (I taught my son recently) that you realize that the
learning curve is similar for many technologies, it's just with digital we
sometimes start without any mental map.