Re: cyanotype digital negatives

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 03/03/03-02:12:39 PM Z

Here is my cyan curve using the Burkholder color fill method and an
(older than yours) Epson 1200:
Input = Output
0= 0
13=24
26=47
51=66
77=82
107=94
128=103
153=110
179=117
204=124
231=131
242=141
255=158

It is my "belief" (as in not tested knowlege) that the inks you use are
a big variable in this work. I'm using Cone's "Darn Good Inks" a simple
and econimical dye based ink. I've generated my curves using the same
"Ole" image and my eyes (no densitomiter). A few numbers change can look
quite big. It takes me about 8 tries to get a curve for a new process or
paper!

On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 08:29 AM, Mary Pat McNally wrote:

> I am using an Epson 2200 to make negatives on Pictorico OHP
> transparency film. I want to print these negatives using Cranes
> Platinotype paper. I am having difficulty finding a curve that allows
> me to print the values from 0%-20%. I am using the Ole image
> (grayscale) from Dan Burkholders book on making digital negatives as a
> test image. Does anyone have any experience with digital cyanotypes.
> Thank you, Mary Pat McNally

Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com