Re: platinum questions and paper too?

From: Paul Martinez (paul_c_martinez@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/03/03-04:28:14 PM Z

> > > 1. Why do most people use a bit more of the
> metal salts than the parts
> > > A/B combination? e.g.44/46 drops Part A+B/Part
> C instead of 44/44?
> >
> > To my knowledge, most people don't do this. "Most
> people" use equal
> > amounts. In reality, if you made a print with
> 44/46 and a print with
> 44/44
> > you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. That
> amount of difference is
> > insignificant.
> This is interesting, but you wouldn't believe
> the books that have the
> 44/46 amount (or 21/22) including James and Crawford
> and Nadeau.

On kind of a side note, I was playing with some new
papers for palladium over the weekend and I had to
fudge some of the total volumes.
I think my problem was that I was using some
cold-press papers that just didn't drink nearly as
much solution. I suppose I should have sized or
something, but I was just messing around...
I think the topic may have been visited in another
thread but, what's the deal with cold-press verses
some of the other more traditional pt/pd papers? Is
the rough "pock-marked" texture the only material
difference? Does that description even make any
sense?