Re: fogging; japanese photography; gum

From: Ed Buffaloe (EdBuffaloe@UnblinkingEye.Com)
Date: 03/04/03-05:56:55 AM Z

I decided to try this, but thought I would take a suggestion from Terry King
and put down an unpigmented coat of gum first, to prevent pigment staining
later. After soaking for 24 hours I had a grey stain that I assume is
chromium. I added some sulphuric acid and soaked overnight and the stain is
slowly going away--I expect it will be gone when I return home this evening.
My question is, will I have this same stain problem with every layer I
print? I'm using Fabriano Uno, pre-shrunk and gelatin sized.