Re: gum printing, coping w/ too much size

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/04/03-10:08:25 PM Z

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Jack Brubaker wrote:

> I have only done this with acrylic size so I can't comment on how it would
> work with other surfaces...

Jack, I wasn't talking about the SIZE under it -- I meant if the gum coat
you're "working in" is over a previous gum layer. Often the underlayers
are destructible, at the very least abradable... and I was wondering if
the grinding down will hurt them. My guess is it would (sometimes even
delicate brushing will hurt a tender layer beneath), but of course some
coats are hard as rocks -- & so may yours be.

J.