Lightmeter accuracy and batteries - Slightly off-topic

From: Monnoyer Philippe (monnoyer@imec.be)
Date: 03/05/03-07:42:07 AM Z

Hello,
some feedback on the following would be greatly appreciated:

I have V625U VARTA (=LR9) batteries in my Gossen Lunasix 3 meter. These batteries are 1.5 V.
MR9 1.35 V batteries are recommended but no longer exist...
Moreover, I don't have the user guide for that Lunasix 3.

My questions:
 1) Is the VARTA battery adapted to my Lunasix ? (does voltage matter)
 2) With my Lunasix 3, if I measure a light on the low scale and read an exp. index of 12, is it normal that it does not give 12 on high scale ? Does my Lunasix have a problem ? Is it normal ? Or is it a battery problem ?
I don't have the user guide for Lunasix 3.

Thanks,
Philippe