Re: gum printing

From: Steve Bell (veracity000@earthlink.net)
Date: 03/06/03-01:44:03 AM Z

Hey Julian,

definitely interesting prints you have there on alternativephotography.com.
i'm still thinking about setting up an online gallery, although i'm not
exactly sure where to begin. i guess i'll wait to see how much interest
there is.

i suppose i should post some links to some of my work. so here goes:

http://www.artconspiracy.com/conspiracy_eye_gallery_item.asp?itemid=49840&id
=2144107335
http://www.artconspiracy.com/conspiracy_eye_gallery_item.asp?itemid=49839&id
=2144107335
http://www.artconspiracy.com/conspiracy_eye_gallery_item.asp?itemid=48773&id
=2144107335
http://www.artconspiracy.com/conspiracy_eye_gallery_item.asp?itemid=46967&id
=2144107335
http://www.artconspiracy.com/conspiracy_eye_gallery_item.asp?itemid=45757&id
=2144107335
http://www.artconspiracy.com/conspiracy_eye_gallery_item.asp?itemid=45758&id
=2144107335

i hope those links don't get cut off. a couple of them are gum over
cyanotype, which i really enjoy a lot.

cheers,

Steve

<alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
> Date: 3/4/2003 4:29:37 PM
> Subject: Re: gum printing
>
> Steve,

> a fabulous idea, but what puts me off displaying work in cyberspace is the

> appalling quality of 72dpi images.

> I'd forgotten about some work I have on www.alternativephotography.com

> This site, put together by Malin Fabbri, is probably known to many on the

> list. I've had some of my early gum prints on there since the site
started,

> but to by shame have neglected to post anything recently. Gotta get
copying

> I guess!

> Hope this is of interest. :~)

> Julian Smart.

messages,

> and been so excited when i saw 5 messages in one day entitled 'gum

> printing'), i have also been delighted to see people posting links to
their

> images. i can't get enough of checking out other people's gum prints. they

> are often all so different and so beautiful, it's really exciting how

> people bend this process to their personal vision. so i thought it would
be