RE: First Gum Print

From: Kerik Kouklis (kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 03/08/03-12:39:30 PM Z

Ed,

Depending on your UV light source, it sounds like extreme overexposure to
me. In a 40-watt UV box my gum exposures are usually 10 minutes or less
(depending on pigment, dichromate type and concentration, whether I am
exposing for highlights or shadows, etc.) And I am using Pyro negs which
tend to print slower due to the stain. I'd try an exposure test at 2 min, 4
min, 7 min and 12 min (or something like that) and see what you get.

Kerik

ps The paper is not the problem because I get wonderful results with Fab
Uno.