Re: Glue for Alt Photo Collage

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/08/03-09:45:17 PM Z

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Tom Ferguson wrote:

> I've been using a can of "Photo Spray Mount" to play/learn. I'm under the
> impression that it isn't terribly permanent.

Yeah, if you want to see a conservator faint dead away, mention photo
spray mount. Maybe there are new ones now, but in the past it wasn't
that different from rubber cement.

For archival, check the catalogs (Talas, et al). The wet glues (jade,
methyl cellulose, starch paste) etc, can tend to not lie flat & be a
nuisance to apply. Depending on size & material you might try one of
those "cold mount" sheets -- you can tear little pieces off it and stick
on, as long as your collage doesn't need to be laid down perfectly edge to
edge.

J.