Re: First Gum Print

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@attbi.com)
Date: 03/08/03-09:54:14 PM Z

Gum arabic solution, a product used by commercial printers, will keep for
many years without going bad. Gum mixed with pigment will keep indefinitely
also. Just make sure to stir it up thoroughly before use.

Once gum and pigment is mixed with sensitizer, it's best to make exposures
as soon as the emulsion has dried. The "shelf life" of paper coated with
unexposed emulsion is short.

I've never used glyoxal, so I can't say whether it causes problems or not.

Dave in Wyoming