Re: the "Wall" method

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 03/19/03-05:36:55 AM Z

Christina Z. Anderson wrote first:

> I also tested sensitizing the paper, drying, and putting a layer of
pigment and gum on top (one of Wall's ideas) and it worked--weird.

and later:

> However, what I had done was I had coated paper with a
> gum/sensitizer/no pigment mix and let that dry to expose it,

I was going by the first account, that the underlayer consisted of
sensitizer alone, in my subsequent remarks. Gum/pigment over
gum/sensitizer is a different matter; there should be even less surprise
in that case, IME, that an image formed.

There are so many variables floating around uncontrolled in all this
testing that it's hard to imagine how one could make any reliable sense
of it when all is said and done, but maybe that's not the object. It
sounds like you're having a great time, and I always like to see people
having fun with gum; it's a delight to watch. Carry on....
Katharine