expo-dev software

From: Shannon Stoney (shannonstoney@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/27/56-10:49:53 AM Z

I am thinking of getting that expo-dev software from the View Camera Store.
I called today to ask some questions about it, but I still don't understand
some things about it. I know some people on this list are using it, so
here's my question: can you shoot for different processes by simply
entering a number for the density range of the paper/emulsion/process you
are using? For example, for silver you might put 1.0, for cyanotype 1.4,
for azo paper 1.6 and so on. The second part of my question is, in order
for this to work, do you have to have done tests YOURSELF in the plotter
program on all these processes, and have your own curve data entered into
the program, or will the program be able to figure out your development
times based on the curves in its own database?

I have done tests on Tri X and azo paper, but I would like to try, for
example, shooting T-max for azo paper without having to test T-max film
myself. I'm wondering if the software can give me a pretty good estimate of
how long to develop T-max in D-76, say, for a paper density range of say
1.6.

--shannon