"Alt" in subject line?

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/07/03-04:38:16 PM Z

To the list:

I'm wondering if others are having the spam flood that I am. Yes, I admit,
not two months ago I wrote that I didn't mind spam, because that was stuff
I didn't have to read... but since then it's increased about 5 fold.
Today, for instance, 58 spam, two personal, and maybe 5 from the list. I
find that as I go down the line and delete en masse, it's easy to delete,
say "Amodol," or something else from a name not known -- in error.
Spammers have gotten much more inventive and plausible in subject lines.

There may be help in future legislation -- or not. But meanwhile, I'm
wondering if we could add something to the alt photo subject line to make
it easy to pick out. The History of Photography list, for instance, has a
subject ID (though I hardly get Spam on that server).

Perhaps it's even possible for the listserve to put something in subject
line automatically.

Any thoughts pro or con?

Judy