Re: Pyro Developers

kasim@juno.com
Date: 05/18/03-04:51:38 PM Z

On Sun, 18 May 2003 14:27:44 -0400 Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
writes:
> This message is for those who are currently using a Pyro developer,
Pyrocat-HD
> What I would like to know is your, 1) method of processing,
> development temperature, and type of agitation, 2) time of
> development for a scene with normal lighting (that is, one that has

Sandy,

I have done some testing using the Phenidone version of Pyrocat HD. Note
that I mix the stock solution using distilled water, but pre-soak, final
developer dilution (just prior to using), and wash is with tap water.
Two to 5 min pre-soak. Fix is rapid fix without the acid. Times are for
normal lighting contrast. My times for most developers run 10% - 20%
higher than "book" values. I suspect this is due to the pre-soak and the
alkali quality of my tap water.

120 FP4+, 1:1:100 @ 70 deg for 9:20 yields a DR of 1.4 using the blue
channel, small tank, 30 sec inv.

120 FP4+, 1:1:100 @ 70 deg for 11:45 yields a DR of 1.6 using the blue