Re: OT Re: Spam Assassin & Mozilla Mail

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 05/30/03-09:51:14 AM Z

Hi:

I will concur with Kris that the Mozilla spam filter works well. Its
availabe in version 1.4 and higher of Mozilla. Many of my co-workers use
it and are quite happy with it.

It is a Bayesian spam filter - which I think is the best solution for
spam. Bayesian spam filtering allows you the end user to define what you
consider spam, rather than depending on someone elses arbitrary
definition, or worse a site blacklist.

Let me mention again that there is always at least one list subscriber
who's alt-photo messages are being blocked by a poorly designed blacklist.

BUT this version of Mozilla isn't available for OS 9

Another alternative for Mac users is SpamSieve.(OS X only) SpamSeive is
designed to work with a number of popular Mac email programs, Eudora,
Mailsmith, Entourage, Powermail

SpamSieve - (only available for os X macs)
http://www.c-command.com/spamsieve/index.shtml

Manual here:
http://www.c-command.com/downloads/SpamSieveManual.pdf

I don't know of any Bayesian spam filter programs that will run on Mac OS
9

Gord