please help for identifying a lens

curzon@tegenlicht.com
Date: 05/30/03-11:44:36 AM Z

Hello everybody
This is the first time I put a question to you all.
I've been following your Q&A for some time now and makes me
even more start with alternate photography. I've built two
pinholecameras myself now and want to start with cyanotype.
I'll follow a workshop in 2 weeks from now.

I have a question about a Rodenstock lens and I hope you can help me.

I bought an old lens with the idea to build me a large format camera.
Since the lens was only $ 10,00 I didn't have much to loose if it would't
work out.
The lens is about 3.3 inches (9 cm) tall and has a diameter of 2.4 inches (6
cm).
I think the casing is made of brass.
The inscription on the lens says:
   Rapid-Aplanoscop F:7,5.24x30
   G.Rodenstock Munchen

Can you tell me something about this lens? How old is it, what was it used
for/with?
Can you tell me if it is useable for building a large format camera?

Thanks for your time,
Bert Kuijer from Holland