Re: Liver of sulfur?

From: Gary Nored ^lt;gnored@centurytel.net>
Date: 11/02/03-09:27:23 AM Z

On 1 Nov 2003, at 22:19, Mike Klemmer wrote:

> Upon contact with acids (i.e. citric acid), it gives off hydrogen
> sulfide which is highly toxic.....not to mention that it will stink
> you out of your house. The owner of the chemical company I work for
> nearly died once from H2S overexposure. It is not to be taken
> lightly.

Yes, the stuff is nasty, but just to add perspective ... when I was
studying analytical chemistry 40 years ago, the first step in
qualitative lab was always to generate a bunch of hydrogen sulfide
and bubble it through the mystery sample. 30+ of us in an
unventilated chem lab 4-6 hours a day, 2 days a week. The stench
was abominable, but nobody died, or even got sick.

Regards,
Gary Nored
http://home.centurytel.net/Gary_Nored/