RE: what LF enlarger to buy??

From: abarrutia@velocom.com.ar
Date: 11/07/03-04:04:30 PM Z

Hello Bert. I would recomend the Devere enlargers. I have a Devere 405 with
a varicon head and its awesome! Simple, bulk and steady as a 100tn rock!
You can get used ones for less money. In Europe (according to my alt
processes professor that travelled arround Europe 2 months ago) enlargers
and film cameras are way to cheap because of the digital technology. I
bought mine with the 2 condensers for 4x5 printing for just 900 Uss (in the
DeVere site is listed for 1800 pounds).
You can choose between a vertical and an horizontal enlarger (Vertical
being cheaper).
Take a look in your local used photo store.
Another really good enlarger is the Laborator.

Good luck! and tell us what you bought!

Agustin Barrutia