Re: Please comment

From: Loris Medici ^lt;lorism@tnn.net>
Date: 11/07/03-04:42:52 PM Z

Dear Bert,

I'm writing down your name to my "ask to" list for salted prints then ;) I will shortly start to do salted prints.

The process itself is relatively easy if you have suitable negatives and a compatible paper. At the start the difficulty for me was the absence of a consistent lightsource (I made an UV exposure unit to myself thanks to the instructions on eepjon.com site - which are from a book whose name I don't recall now), a nice paper that won't stain and clears quickly which can show a pleasant tone, to figure out how much sensitizer the paper/brush needs + the density range/curves adjustment for the digital negative. I still have some problems (mostly brushing related; I have to try and learn using a coating rod - especially if I'm going to do salted prints) but now I feel much better than the time I first started to experiment.

Regards,
Loris.

P.S. I like your pinhole photos. See mines @ http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=312114