RE: Speed Point in PT/PD printing?

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 11/09/03-02:50:46 PM Z

Hi Eric,

Where did you find that information? There is some comparative
information on pt/pd speed in the article on platinum printing at
Mike Ware's website but I did not see anything about wavelengths.

The information I found at the site does not help me much because, 1)
he did not test different light sources, and 2) he bases speed on mid
values, which equates more to the silver convention than to 90% of
Dmax which I consider the most logical point to measure speed.

My objective is not to establish a speed point for all of the
possible variations but merely to show with sensitometry that there
are significant differences in speed point that result not only from
the specific Pt/Pd mixture (with a given light source), but also from
the combination of Pt/Pd mixtures with light sources that peak at
different wavelengths.

Sandy