Re: Speed Point in PT/PD printing?

From: Clay ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 11/09/03-02:08:17 PM Z

On Sunday, November 9, 2003, at 01:37 PM, Eric Neilsen wrote:

> Sandy, Have you looked at Mike Wares info on PT/PD printing in
> relation to
> moles of PT and/or PD produced at various wave lengths? You might be
> able to
> establish a speed point for a PT/PD mixture but with the variations
> possible, WHY/

It seems to me that the key variable is most likely the ferric oxalate
- i.e. the light sensitive compound rather than the metal itself that
would be the critical factor here. Don't you observe pretty similar
print curve shapes with Kallitype as you do with palladium, Sandy?

At any rate, I think that any results Sandy may achieve will be the
usual 'adjust for your own working conditions' sort of observations,
and at the very least would give a nice sense of the relative speed
differences in light sources for this process.

Clay