Re: Digital camera blues

From: Argon3@aol.com
Date: 11/12/03-08:29:20 AM Z

Don't fall into that "I'll never have to buy another roll of film"
logic....you won't be buying film, you'll be buying ink cartridges and media to print
on. It basically costs $40-$50 in cartridges for either of my Epson printers.
 I haven't been scrupulous about finding out how may prints I get per
cartridge or anything like that. Just be advised that the initial investment is not
the end. I can't think of how many articles that I've read where they sell
the idea of "going 100% digital" with the line "think about how much you spend
in film a month". If you're like most of the people that I know, you'll be
shooting digital AND film so think about what that will cost.
No joke - try sending some color neg out to Kodak and order the transfer to
Photo CD a couple of times and see what you'll do with the images that you get.
  I forget what the resolution is but it's workable and the cost is something
like $9.95 a pop. You can do anything with the CD images that you would be
able to do with images from a camera (and you still have the negs as a
safety). See how this affects your "workflow" (as the digital people like to call
it). Make a decision based on that. Cameras can only improve and/or come
down in price in the meantime!

argon