Re: About softening gelatin.

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/15/03-03:34:09 PM Z

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Sandy King wrote:
> ....Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can soften to
> the maximum the hardened gelatin of photographic papers? If possible
> I would like to have it almost slimy to the touch.

Chop the skin off a fresh pineapple, grind in blender, soak in a lot of
water a couple of days, and pour over photo paper face up in tray. Check
with fingernail til desired degree of solvency is reached.

Aside from being scientific (this really works -- it's an enzyme), you get
to eat the pineapple. (Try it with chopped liver.)

Judy